Monday, February 27, 2006

The Clock Tower between the Minarets




The Clock Tower between the Minarets

It only tells when
the next prayer is
when the next meal is
and when the next nap is

Time
is short
yet lengthy

and in between it
we solicit for forgiveness
we cry for The Lord

Then I, my God, confess my sins,
so forgive me for them.
I am he who did evil,
I am he who made mistakes,
I am he who purposed (to sin),
I am he who was ignorant,
I am he who was heedless,
I am he who was negligent,
I am he who relied (upon other than Thee),
I am he who premeditated,
I am he who promised,
I am he who went back on his word,
I am he who confessed (my sins)
and I am he who acknowledged Thy blessings upon me
and with me and then returned to my sins.
So forgive me for them,
O He who is not harmed by the sins of His servants
nor needs He their obedience.
He gives success through His aid and His mercy to
whomsoever of them works righteousness.
So praise belongs to Thee, My God and My Lord !

No comments: